Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is an Indian government organization which recruits candidates for various Group C and Group B posts in departments and ministries under the Government of India.
SSC recruits candidates for the combined graduate level, junior translator, assistant sub - inspector, stenographers, recruitment of SAS apprentices and junior engineers. No. of vacancies depend on the final information provided by each department.
A job under the SSC is considered one of the most prestigious jobs in the country. With the excellent perks, emoluments and esteem associated with them, these jobs are highly called for. This exam is highly competitive as over 14 lakh+ candidates appear for this national level exam. Following are some of the reasons why you should consider a career in government and allied jobs and take the SSC exam:
- Job Security: Unlike the private sector jobs, government and public sector jobs are very stable. Job prospects are relatively unaffected by recession or the demand and supply forces prevailing in the job market.
- Financial security: There is absolute financial security when working for the government and the salary is always credited without delay. The government also makes sure that in cases like severe accidents, health hazards, pregnancy, and similar cases, the employees are given certain emoluments.
- Perks: Besides the financial stability, these jobs also come with several additional advantages like Provident fund, pension scheme, generous house and travel allowances, medical benefits, and many other such perks.
- Opportunities and promotions: Working in the public or government sector comes with its more than fair share of exceptionally good opportunities. The promotion scheme is timely and equal in opportunity. There are also many interdisciplinary programs and schemes for personal and professional growth of the employees.
- Work Life Balance: This comes as a huge relief to the people struggling in the private sector. The working hours are never too long and mostly fixed. Employees are given all national and regional holidays. Working women are also eligible for a generous maternity leaves and compensations.
- Contributing back to the society: In addition to the various advantages that government and public sector banks bring with them, an important part of this is the job satisfaction. Working with these departments gives one the gratification of being able to help and contribute to the society and the people in several different ways.