The Banking sector needs specialist officers in various fields like IT, Technical, Agriculture, Legal, Data Analytics, Finance, Marketing, HR, etc. Specialist officers can be placed in some sectors like:
- Public Sector Banks
- Private and Foreign Banks
- Regional Rural Banks
- Central and Other Financial Institutions
- Co-operative Banks
- Insurance Companies
- Other Public/ Private Sector Undertakings
- Academic Institutes
Most of the PSUs advertise their posts for Specialist officers individually. But, Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts a common recruitment drive for multiple nationalized banks. Generally, the Specialist Officers are recruited for Scale I or Scale II posts. The Participating Banks for Specialist Officers can be Allahabad Bank , Indian Overseas Bank, Andhra Bank , Oriental Bank of Commerce, Punjab National Bank, Bank of India , Punjab & Sind Bank , Bank of Maharashtra , Syndicate Bank , Canara Bank , UCO Bank , Central Bank of India, Union Bank of India , Corporation Bank, United Bank of India , Dena Bank , Vijaya Bank, Indian Bank, Bank of Baroda , IDBI Bank.
Eligibility Criteria for Specialist Officers
The Eligibility criteria and qualification for all these posts varies according to the job requirement. Certain common criteria are set with respect to age limit and minimum qualification for all posts. The age limit is usually between 20-30 years, but, this may vary with respect to categories or posts advertised.
Let us look at the minimum qualification for some of these Specialist officer posts:
- Technical/ IT Officer: This post requires Degree in Engineering in Civil/ Electrical/ Mechanical/ Production/Metallurgy Textile/ Chemical etc. OR B. Pharma.
- Agricultural Field Officer: A Degree in Agriculture or allied specializations such as Horticulture, Animal Husbandry etc. from recognized University.
- Law Officer: This post requires a Bachelors or Masters Degree in Law.
- HR/Personnel Officer: A Post Graduate recognized by AICTE in Personnel Management / Industrial Relations/HRD/Social Work / Labour Law OR Degree/Diploma in Business Administration/ Management with specialization in HRD from a recognized University.
- Marketing Officer: This post requires MBA (Marketing) or a 2 year PGDBA / PGDBM with specialization in Marketing from a recognized University.
- Rajbhasha Adhikari: This post requires a PG Degree in Sanskrit/Hindi with English/Hindi as a subject at the Degree or PG Degree level.
- Chartered Accountant/ Finance Executive: The candidate must have passed final examination for Chartered Accountants.
IBPS Specialist Officer Exam 2019
The exam syllabus covers: Test of Reasoning, Test of English Language, Test of General Awareness/Quantitative Aptitude, and Test of Professional Knowledge. The selection process for Specialist officer for IBPS and many other such institutes consists:
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Personal Interview
IBPS Specialist officer preliminary exam is expected to be held in the last week of December 2019 and the main exam is to be conducted in January 2020.
The Personal Interview not only tests a candidate on his/her knowledge of their field but also tests their various personality traits. The final result will be announced in April 2020
. Learn about the detailed Exam Pattern of IBPS Specialist Officer 2019