- The Internet is a collection of local, regional, national and international computer networks
- The Internet evolved with four computers into a vast information network that connects millions of microcomputers, minicomputers and mainframe computers.
- The Internet is decentralized by design and, remarkably, this anarchy by design works well.
- An Internet Service Provider (ISP) charges an ongoing fee for providing Internet access.
- The ISP provides the user with the communications software (such as e-mail) and user account.
- The user supplies a modem that connects the computer to the users phone line.
- The users computer dials the ISPs computer and establishes a connection over the phone line. Once connected the ISP routes data between the users computer and the Internet.
- The Internet connects millions of people through a collection of computer networks.
- The World Wide Web (WWW) was created in 1990.
- WWW allows users to browse through information available on computers round the world.
- WWW consists of documents called Web pages that contain information on a particular topic.
- Link is a reference to another document in World Wide Web
- Every Web page is stored as an HTML (HyperText Markup Language) document.
- HTML is the standard that controls the working of WWW.
- HTML is an SGML document type definition that determines how Web pages are formatted and displayed and thus enables information to be exchanged on the World Wide Web.
- Standardized General Mark-up Language (SGML) is a Meta language that can be applied to documents in order to maintain their structure and context.
- An HTML document contains special instructions called HTML tags that tell a Web browser how to display the text, graphics, and background of a Web page.
- Web browsers are used to view Web pages, transfer files between computers, access commercial information services, send e-mail, and interact with other Internet users.
- Web browser is a software application that enables a user to locate and view pages on Web site.
- To request a Web page the user either types in the URL (Uniform Resource Locator).
- URL is a global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web. Home page is the main page of a Website.
- A home page is similar to the title page and table of contents in a book. It identifies the site and contains links to other pages at the site.
Internet Protocols: TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP, Telnet, Gopher, Wide Area Information Service (WAIS); IP Address; Domain Name; E-Mail; World Wide Web (WWW); Uniform Resource Locator (URL); Web Pages; Hyper Text Mark-up Language; Web Browsers; Search Engines; Internet Chat; Newsgroups; Blogs; Social Websites; Intranet; E-Commerce; E-banking;
Our Online Products
Full Access Partial Access
|View Details »||View Details »||View Details »||View Details »|
Recommended for Bank PO / Govt. Jobs Aspirants!!
Bulls Eye Test Prep is a cornerstone of the Bulls Eye education portfolio. Having continuously delivered exceptional results for 17 years in the MBA Test Prep domain, Bulls Eye is a trusted name for students who prepare for MBA entrance exams. We cover preparation for all MBA entrance exams, and provide it through two mediums: our Classroom Program and our Online Courses. We are the market leader in MBA Entrance, GRE & GMAT prep in the states of Punjab, Haryana, HP & JK with more than 6,000 students enrolled for classroom coaching every year. Our consistent results include all India CAT Toppers. Three words symbolic of Bulls Eye's working style are: Competence, Quality & Excellence. The founding team includes IIM and XLRI alumni. We have trained more than 100,000 students in the last 2 decades.